Sunday, June 19, 2011

Welcome to Arkansas Nature Boy

Ever sat out in your back yard at night wondering what kind of frog was making that noise? Followed a bumblebee to its nest? Dug up a native plant to put by your homemade pond? Built a trail for the kids? Or even dreamed of doing these kinds of things? This blog is for you.

I'm creating a place to go for information about providing habitat for wildlife, nature education for adults and children, preservation of our natural heritage, and education about organic gardening. There will be brief posts about bugs, plants, frogs or birds I have found, articles about pond-making, composting, gardening on a slope, etc.

 If you would like to see something about how to build a certain bird house, or want me to help you identify a critter, bring it on. Tell me about the kinds of nature topics you want to learn about; I'll share what I know and we will learn the rest together. I'd be especially grateful if my Arkansas Master Naturalist colleagues would contribute ideas or articles.

My plan is for Nature Boy to be a great one-stop resource for nature information, and eventually, a platform from which I can promote nature appreciation at elementary schools. Yes, wait til you see my Nature Boy costume. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment